Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Blogging!

So after being inspired by so many other blogs and podcasts that I have been watching and reading, I decided to log back into my own blog and wow, I haven't wrote one since before I even had my second baby and she is now 3. I've decided that I would like to start keeping up my blog again if for nothing else than my own personal record. With that being said I will start right in!
I just recently got back home from a quick trip to Oregon for my husband to help my mom move. It was a quick trip that ended with our car breaking down and us having to take my moms car home and leave ours in Oregon to be fixed. This means we will be heading back that way to get our car and move my mom again from storage into her new home. I'm not complaining though because Salem, where my mom lives, and the surrounding area has some amazing yarn stores! On our trip I of course had to pick up some goodies!! 
2 skeins of Madelinetosh tosh sock, a pretty cheep project bag, and some small wool washes to try. 
So wild and beautiful! I got this yarn to make the Nymphalidea shawl and I can't wait to cast that on. 
Right before we left for our trip I joined a kal on Ravelry for the Lattice Shawl by Maria of stitched in Sweden whose podcast I just love! I had my yarn rush shipped so I could get it before we left. However I wasn't able to do much knitting on it while I was gone, but I did do a little and then picked it up and completed it as soon as I got home. It was one of the most lovely things I have ever knit and it just turned out beautiful. It was my first time doing an applied border and I really enjoyed it, the pattern was really great and well written.
I knit this using Madelinetosh merino light in the strawberry rhubarb pie color way, which was the May special color through Jimmy Beans Wool and the ivory is the color way Antler. 

So while I was traveling I started a sock for some easy, mindless car knitting. I am using some beautiful yarn I got from The Yarn At Home Mom. It's really so much fun and it feels so nice! I'm saving this to work on on our way back up to Oregon! 

It's so pretty!! 
After I finished my Lattice shawl I decided to cast on the In Threes cardigan for my middle daughter with some very beautiful Madelinetosh vintage in the color way Holli Festival, I bought a couple months ago. 
It's not the greatest picture but it's really adorable in person and the yarn is so yummy!! I can't wait to get this done and on Emilee! 
Since I have been home I have also gotten some great things in the mail, and much more coming! 
The needles and the yarn are from SimplySockCompany and seriously their shipping was lightening fast! The little mustache packaging is some fun stitch markers from the Stitchstache on etsy, I will open them and include a photo in another blog, they are cute little sheep. 
The yarn is from Hedgehog Fibres in the Teacup colorway and I have really been drooling over it for quite some time now and kept missing their shop updates so when I saw that SimplySockCompany had it I just had to order it. My picture really doesn't do it justice, it is so beautiful and buttery soft. 
There are so many colors in it, I just love it. 
I also got an Addi turbo fixed circular because I am trying out a bunch of different kinds before I settle on an interchangeable set. I already have the knitpicks harmony interchangeable set which is good but not great for me. I love Hiya Hiya and Karbonz, both of which I have used quite a bit and I thought I had settled on the Hiya Hiya interchangeable set but I really wanted to try Addi first. I am planning on knitting the Nurmilintu shawl on them so we will see how that goes. 
I am anxiously awaiting a few more packages and can't wait until they get here!!
Now I better go get some stuff done! 
Happy Knitting!! 













2 comments:

  1. I love all of your projects! You are so talented and inspiring!! I wish I had half your abilities..lol. Can't wait to see your next finished projects and the new ones you have started. I know it will only take a day or two since you knit like the wind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Thanks! You are just as crafty as me though! 😉

      Delete