Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Mail, Car Knitting, and Too Many Cast Ons!

Wow! This week has gone by insanely fast! It was Matt's days off and those weeks always tend to go by faster, but my days and weeks just seem to always be gone in a flash. Anyway, this week was a great mail week, I received some amazing things! 
My first set of packages were these, the yarn came from Jimmy Beans Wool and is their June Binge MKAL for the show, Orange is the New Black. I really love that show and as soon as I saw the kal I knew I had to do it, the timing is perfect too because Matt will be working nights so I will be able to put the kids to bed and watch one episode after another while knitting on the pattern. Can't wait!! 
The soap is sock soap from Tuft Woolens in the Russian Flower scent and oh my goodness is smells heavenly, she also sent a sample of her charcoal lime scent and that was just as amazing. When I opened it I realized she had sent me a bath bar instead of sock soap so I contacted her and she said she would immediately send out a sock soap and I could just keep the bath bar, which was so nice of her! I also ordered another bar, so that should be here sometime this week. 
My next package contained this little project bag that I purchased on etsy from KatKnits. It's so cute and funny! 
My next set of packages were stitch markers from little skein in the big wool and seriously they are so adorable. I ordered the Mary Poppins ones and chose the little tin for the packaging and I was so happy when I opened them. They are just perfect. Then I got a skein of Sunday Morning from The Lemonade Shop and it just speaks for itself. The mint color is just so lovely! 
So that was my mail for the week. Lots of fun! 

I didn't seem to have a ton of knitting time but I did complete 1 thing and cast a few things on.
I worked on the In Threes cardigan mostly in the car while we were running errands and while out with Matt on backroads shooting and I actually completed it while we were on a rather long shooting trip.
I just love how it turned out, it is so cute and the yarn is so yummy and squishy. It still needs buttons and blocking, I am planning on doing that this week. I was really pleased with it! 

I cast on 3 things this week which is unusual for me since I really am not one to have a lot of things going at once. I start to get a little stressed out when I have too many projects going at once so this is really pushing it for me! The first thing I cast on was the Nymphalidea shawl which I mentioned in my last blog but I ended up frogging it 
I felt like it just didn't look nice, almost junky looking in a way. So I ripped it all out and cast on the Nurmilintu shawl 
I'm liking it better I guess but it just wasn't holding my interest at all really and then I woke up one morning and decided I really wanted to cast on a sweater and I have yarn for a sweater for my sister so after spending a whole morning poring over patterns I cast on the Sibella Pullover by Carrie Bostick Hoge.
It comes out of this book which I picked up some time ago in Corvallis on a previous trip to visit my mom. I saw the book and the store had a trunk show and so I just had to buy it. It's full of just really great patterns. And I'm using my new project bag for this sweater. 
Here it is so far
I'm using Sublime Cashmerino Silk DK to knit this and it's just heavenly yarn to work with. It feels so lovely and it has beautiful stitch definition. I really love it and I think it's going to turn out fabulous. I hope my sister loves it! 
I'm using my new stitch markers too, isn't Mary Poppins just so cute? 
I actually worked on this today in the car and got quite a bit done. Another long shooting trip. It's really amazing though how much knitting I get done just sitting in the car. 

The next thing I cast on was the Pebble Beach Shawl by Helen Stewart 
I'm using my new Sunday Morning yarn that I mentioned above. The pattern is so fun it's almost addicting. I think this will knit up pretty quickly! 
So that's all for what I'm currently knitting, I need to finish some projects before casting more on other than the Orange is the new black kal which I will be casting on on Friday (YAY) and maybe, just maybe, I will have my Pebble Beach completed by then, or something completed.....we will see! 

In other news this week
 I spent quite a bit of my time in urgent care and laying on my couch in complete misery due to a terrible kidney infection which was absolutely no fun but I think I'm on the mend now thankfully! 
Also I may be having to go on a little bit of a yarn diet for awhile since we will hopefully be moving into a bigger house closer to Matt's work, fingers crossed we are able to get it!! It won't be fun to cut back but it's a very much needed move so I'm really praying it all works out. Hopefully we will find out soon. 

Well that's just about it for my week! It's very late and everyone in my house is sound asleep and I'm really enjoying the silence. Now I just need to decide if I should make a cup of tea and knit or go to bed! 
I hope everyone has a great week and thank you for reading my blog :)
Happy Knitting! 

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for my sweater!! I am so excited to see the finished product..it is the nicest yarn!! Love it!! I also really love the pebble beach shawl..that is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete