Thursday, August 6, 2015

Vacationing and a Knitting Slump.

It's been a busy busy month, or over a month since the last time I wrote a blog! We went and spent an entire month with my sister in Walla Walla, Washington and had such a great time. It was very hard to leave! While there I tried to spend as much time off of electronics as possible and we also took all electronics away from the kids, which they were definitely not happy about but made our stay even more fun! I really didn't take too many pictures but here are a few of our fun times...
They love their Aunt Erica! 
In my family we get brain scans for fun thanks to my genius sister lol.
After spending an obscene amount of time in this bookstore my sister casually mentioned that she had an article published in this book and I'm like WHAT!? How did I not know of this before!? She's too modest. Of course I had to make her pose for a photo with it! 

While there I really didn't get too much knitting done, but I did finish a couple things! 
I finished my Pebble Beach shawl, I used The Lemonade Shop yarn in the Sunday Morning colorway. I loved how this turned out and I think I may keep it for myself but I haven't decided yet. 
I also finished this Orange is The New Black mystery knit along. 
Blocking at my sister's house was a challenge so it definitely needs to be reblocked but my mom ended up coming for a short visit while I was there so I just went ahead and gave it to her and she can reblock herself or wear it as it is. It's the perfect Harley Davidson colors and will be great for her to wear on her rides when the weather starts getting a little cooler. I was happy to have this done and to its recipient! 
I also started a test knit and I actually just completed it about a week ago but it's a test knit and I'm not sure if I can put the finished product on my blog yet but here are some abstract photos 


This was quite a time consuming project and with traveling so much I feel like I worked on it forever so have been really glad to have it completed. I used Swan Island Fingering yarn and was really happy with it, very lovely yarn and I love the colors! 

After coming home from being gone for so long I have really struggled finding inspiration for another project. I have been working on some socks I had started but other than that I just haven't had anything really call out to me. I have a sweater on the needles for my sister that I really need to work on so maybe I will get that out. In the mean time I will watch my favorite podcasts for some inspiration, that usually works! 

As soon as we got home we had a visitor which is a rare thing for us living so far away from family! 
Grandpa Steve!! We all had such a great time! Lots of Starbucks too! 

Then we had a birthday as my oldest baby Isabel turned 9 years old! It's hard to believe that I have been a mama for 9 whole years! She has grown up so quickly! 

After all of that I have just been working on doing some organizing and cleaning around our little house and just getting back on our regular routine. I have started to work on getting a curriculum together for Isabel and I'm getting really excited about that! 

Well nap time has just ended so back to work I go! Hopefully my knitting mojo will return in full force right away! Happy end of summer and happy knitting to all! 










No comments:

Post a Comment